I confess. I did 21 days of Jason Vale Juicemaster’s 28 Day Super Juice Me plan and then I did the worst thing ever.
I stood on the scales
My starting weight was 12 stone and when I next got on the scales it showed I was 11 stone 4lbs which was a loss of 10lbs. As the cogs whirred and it registered in my turbo brain cell I internally screeched..
ONLY TEN FREAKING POUNDS!
Hmm – hang on a minute, shouldn’t I be dropping about a pound a day doing this? I mean I’m not even sure I’ll reach the one stone mark (14 lbs) at this rate, and definitely won’t be shedding two stone as I’d eagerly anticipated at the beginning.
I then remembered what Philly had said to me – that she’d released a stone when she did it last year and had felt amazing. And also Linda recently finished it and released about the same amount I think.
So I reminded myself that I shouldn’t have weighed myself yet, to just go and watch the coaching video on the app again and get my arse out and go shopping for the next round of juices and stop being a pussy.
The problem was, the coaching didn’t help, I felt like I’d failed and all I could think was..
What’s the freaking point?
Not even reminding myself why I started this in the first place helped – that had worked for me every single time I’d wavered in the past 21 days. But not now.
I was STILL struggling with my energy levels, wanting to sleep way more than was normal and I was finding the thought of another week of the juices from the app totally unappealing.
Then the thought that put the nail in the coffin of my Super Juice Me attempt..
So when I had a visit from my daughter and cooked for her, and again with my son. I thought.. FUCK IT. Fuck it, Fuck Fuck Fuck it! And decided to eat something.
And although I told myself I could get right back on the juices again, I just didn’t want to. And proceeded to eat potatoes in various forms at least once a day for the next three days and thoroughly enjoyed them.
Here’s what was good about doing the juice fast
- The Super Juice Me app was GREAT. It made shopping and juicing easy peasy. It took away excuses and having to think about what to do and I chose to shop every other day so my stuff was fresh and I got exercise from walking
- I knew there was an online community available to me if I wanted their support
- The coaching videos Jason Vale included on the app addressed key issues clearly and with humour and the ones he’d created showing how to make juices are brilliant for a novice
- My skin had started to clear up and I was told my eyes were bright and shiny
- My clothes were fitting me better
- Some of my brain fog lifted and it was getting easier to wake up in the morning
- My nails grew easily and were strong. It made me realise how weak, bendy and prone to breaking they were before I started
- My legs stopped aching really badly and walking became a joy again
- I got back in the habit of sipping on water throughout the day
- I didn’t feel hungry but did get cravings – loved how they changed from junk food to whole foods though.. mmm. cherries..
- Oh and I released 10 FREAKING POUNDS from my body – pretty damn awesome really!
Would I recommend the Super Juice Me plan?
Yes I would, especially for someone who has never juiced before and has health issues. It did make me aware of unhealthy habits I had – physical as well as mental – reaching for food for all manner of reasons.
It also gave me the kick up the butt I needed to be mindful while I was ‘eating’ – to really be present with my food, enjoy the texture and smell, the colours and the flavours and be bloody thankful for it. Oh and to sit down and enjoy my surroundings too.
I also became more aware how my body felt after ‘eating’ a juice or smoothie. But I did really, really wish I’d poo more regularly haha (this is an ongoing challenge for me, regardless of what I’m eating – TMI? tough!).
What would I do differently next time?
- I would take the elements of what made the process easy – ie. only having 2 different recipes each day so I could make everything in one go
- Plan 14 days worth of juices/smoothies in advance so I don’t have to think about what I was going to make and create a daily shopping list
- I would avoid nut milk as I found it upset my digestion quite a bit
- Have more vegetables and less fruit in my recipes as I was struggling both with the taste at times as well as my body bloating and becoming uncomfortable and very farty
- Include probiotics
- Do a parasite cleanse
- Maybe even do enemas..
Would I attempt a 28 day juice fast again?
Hmmm never say never. But I’ll be more inclined to have a juice instead of a regular meal once or maybe twice a day as just part of a normal healthy, whole foods eating routine. I do love ’em.
I’m going to do a 1, 2, 5 or 7 day juice fast to keep my body happy, at least once a month – just do what I feel I need at that moment.
Anyway, that was my experience! Tell me about yours by scrolling down and leaving me a comment below xx